- RSS Channel Showcase 9218693
- RSS Channel Showcase 8781592
- RSS Channel Showcase 6136120
- RSS Channel Showcase 2614473
Articles on this Page
- 03/31/18--16:22: _Hungry for War
- 05/20/13--19:36: _Hofstra Joins Effor...
- 09/24/13--07:49: _Hofstra to Host Jou...
- 02/28/14--11:39: _Film Screening: “Lo...
- 03/31/14--13:07: _Center for Civic En...
- 04/03/14--05:48: _Celebrate Earth Day...
- 04/22/14--04:57: _Experts from UN, De...
- 05/08/14--15:16: _Prof. Greg Maney Wi...
- 08/08/18--11:39: _Remembering Hiroshima
- 09/25/18--07:28: _D’Innocenzo Seminar...
- 10/03/18--08:42: _Promoting Positive ...
- 03/31/18--16:22: Hungry for War
- 05/20/13--19:36: Hofstra Joins Effort to Improve Health for Low-Income Families
- 09/24/13--07:49: Hofstra to Host Journalism Workshop on Suburban Poverty
- 02/28/14--11:39: Film Screening: “Lost Town,” March 3
- 03/31/14--13:07: Center for Civic Engagement Holding Logo Contest This Week
- 04/03/14--05:48: Celebrate Earth Day – April 22&23
- 05/08/14--15:16: Prof. Greg Maney Wins Grant for Anti-Bullying Program
- 08/08/18--11:39: Remembering Hiroshima
- 09/25/18--07:28: D’Innocenzo Seminar Room Named
- 10/03/18--08:42: Promoting Positive Social Change
The Center for Civic Engagement’s Globalization Day events this year will focus on the theme, “Hungry for War? Conflict and Global Poverty” – Tuesday, April 3, 2018. The all-day series of panels and presentations, as well as a film screening, will examine the contrast between the rhetoric of war and the dire conditions of displaced […]
Hofstra University and other members of the Advocates for Community Health (ACH) will celebrate the launch of a new partnership with the Health Leads organization at a ceremony with local health care leaders this Thursday, May 23. The partnership enables health care providers to prescribe basic resources like food and heat just as they do medication, and signals […]
Journalists from across the nation will converge on the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication at Hofstra University this week for a workshop on covering the growing crisis of suburban poverty. The seminar brings together economists, sociologists, advocacy group leaders, government officials and working journalists for a dozen sessions aimed at helping reporters produce smart, well- […]
Hofstra’s Center for Civic Engagement and the Documentary Filmmakers Club will present a free screening of the 2012 documentary, “Lost Town,” co-directed by Jeremy Goldscheider, on Monday, March 3rd, at 7:00 p.m. in the Leo A. Guthart Cultural Center Theater in Axinn Library, South Campus. On IMDB.com, Goldscheider notes, “‘Lost Town’ tells the story of […]
The Center for Civic Engagement (CCE) is holding a contest this week for a new logo. An iPod nano will be awarded to the student with the winning entry. The CCE is a university institute that educates students in democratic values by engaging them as knowledgeable citizens on campus and in their local, state, national, […]
Join the Center for Civic Engagement and the Hofstra community on Tuesday and Wednesday, April 22 and 23, for a full slate of Earth Day events aimed at promoting sustainability and ensuring a greener future. “Being knowledgeable and aware about the state of our environment can only help students and future generations understand the impacts […]
Earth Day events today feature talks on the impact of technology and the economy on a sustainable future, socially responsible investing, and extreme weather conditions caused by changes in the global climate. Key speakers include: E. William Colglazier, the science and technology advisor to U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, who will address “The Role of Science and Technology in […]
Gregory Maney, professor of sociology and co-director of the Center for Civic Engagement, has been awarded a $2,500 grant from the Ben Cohen StandUp Foundation to support the CCE’s “Roosevelt Can Be A STAR – Anti-Bullying Program.” The program is a new initiative that will focus on middle school youth from Roosevelt, NY with a […]
More than one 100 members of the Hofstra community paid tribute to Professor Emeritus Michael D’Innocenzo for his many years of service to the university by naming a seminar room in his honor. The Michael D’Innocenzo Seminar Room is located in the History Department on the third floor of Joseph G. Shapiro Family Hall. D’Innocenzo, […]
Newsday; News 12 Long Island